Dust Collection W/Contractor Tablesaw

Page 2 of 2
Have read Mehler's book and also talked w/ him in person at the WW shows. Yeah, put some kind of splitter in there. Mine is real simple. I just took a piece of metal, dilled a hole, but a slot and use the screw that held the blade guard to hold this "splitte". It sits pretty far back from the blade (more than the 1/4" recommended), but it's better than nothing, and once the stock passes by it, it's pretty good at keeping the stock off the back teeth. Actually, by raising my blade, I can get the blade closer to my splitter ;-)
I guess we could take some styrofoam and test KB with a high vs low blade??
I still am curious about the DC impacts. Seems to me a higher blade would throw dust down and into the saw box. The cutting action would be nearly straight down, wheras a low blade is going to be more towards the operator. With a high blade, the dust would have to stay in the gullets all around the blade and get ejected one the teeth emerge from the saw.
Hmm... next time out, we'll run some experiments.

Does Ridgid make a dust collector specifically for the 3650 contractor saw? DId you get it from HD, or where?
It's just a generic plastic pan that should fit most any saw. At HD.