dust collection positioning question

I realize it's probably better to have the dust collector at one end of the shop, and then go around the room. All the designs I see start out larger diameter and get smaller toward the end. My shop isn't big -- it's 16x27 or thereabouts. Could I get away with positioning the DC in the corner, bring it up the wall and then branching out in two directions, one to one side of the shop and one to the other? Anything else will require a total rearrangement of layout.

Check out the dust collection worksheet available from <http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm and determine what your particular dust collector can sustain.

Well, I can tell you what works well so far for me in a 2 car garage (20X20'?) I have almost in the corner... damn washer and dryer are still in the garage..lol
I have a Y on the cyclone and (not very wreck like) 2 plastic 20' dryer hoses that go where ever they're needed.. Even though my blast gates still haven't got here yet, it seems fine with one hose completely "open" and the other stuck in the back of the DC box on the RAS.. If I had a larger shop, or had a planer or jointer, I might run pipe, but that just seems like over kill in my case..