Dust collection piping sticker shock

Page 3 of 3
"Phisherman" wrote:

ABS can also be used depending on your color preference.
It will be lighter in weight and lower cost than PVC.
Lew
Thanks all. Lots of good info.
If I can find a local source for the PVc S&D as described by Bill Pentz I'll probably go that way. I'll check out the kent ctraft and Penn State stuff too.
Thanks again.

If you've got a Menards around you, ask at the Building Materials desk. They won't carry something that big inside, but they might carry it outside.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I've been using Schedule 40 PVC since 1976. No static problems, no buildup to speak of, no explosions, no problems at all. No need to glue anything or tape anything either. I have mine set up so the collector is about 15 feet from my pre-collector drum, and everything except the finest dust, and very little of that, gets to the collector. Most of that gets filtered out before it hits the fan so about nothing ever hits the fan, a good thing I think.
The only fire I ever worried about was when I used to smoke. I could imagine a hot ember being collected somehow and smoldering until hours later... never happened though. I may have had the table saw smoking a few times too, that would make me nervous... Static electricity, I doubt it... I have a hard enough time getting my chain saw started, and it has vaporized gas and a spark plug, not wood chips and dust:-)
--
Jack