Dust collection - filter/bag room?

Page 2 of 2

I think if you go for a good duct collection system (proper ducting, good HEPA filter, and such) you'll be doing well. I wouldn't be concerned about the DC itself recirculating dust -- the dust it takes in will remain withing the DC.
I can see a few advantages to an external system: a) it saves space within your shop (I'm considering moving mine for this reason). b) when it comes time to empty the canister, and more importantly empty and clean the filter, the dust that escapes during those operations will be in outside air, not inside your shop. c) noise.
-- Andy Barss