Dust collection

The responses to my recent post on handling the chips and such from my new (to me) planer, leads me to move on getting a decent dust collection system for the shop. I'm occupying one stall in the garage, so it's about 12x20. I only have 110 and not as much of that as I need, but that's another project.

I have a TS, planer, router table set up. The TS and planer have a 4 or

5 inch hose fixture. The RT fence has a 2 inch that I've connected to the shop vac with modest results.

I need to keep this to a modest investment -- say $200. Any suggestions?

Larry

Reply to
TD Driver

build this:

use a simple trash can separator lid and my shop vac. works much better than the vac alone.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

A year or so ago one could buy the AP400 Delta ShopMaster dust collector at Lowes for about $170. It is now discontinued but some browsing might locate one. Maybe eBay/CraigsList too.

It is supposed to be 650CFM, doubt it is but is entirely adeguate for the way I use it which is pretty much the same as you except I also use it (mainly) for a 16" drum sander pickup.

Reply to
dadiOH