Dust collection

Does anyone have any advice on hoses and fittings for dust collection? Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Kelly ODonald wrote:

Spend a couple hours here... <g>
http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworking/cyclone /
-- Mark

I use the 4" galvanized pipe from the home improvement store. I use tin snips and a crimping tool (that I made) to form the ends where flex tubing can be attached. The flex pipe is not cheap. Someday I'll splurge and buy some clear flex tubing. The flex stuff with the spiral wire in it helps dissipate the static charging when the wire is grounded. Smooth pipe has less air friction, but can't be moved around--take your pick.

I have a permanent DC setup using 4" PVC pipe (SCH 40), which is reasonably priced, and easy to work with. Final connections to machines are with blast gates and flex hose.