Dust Chuter CMS Dust Collection

This thing looks promising.

I tried to buy one but apparently they aren't available yet. The inventor was selling them but got bought out by Milescraft (good for him!!) and they're re-branding it and making some final improvements for its re-release some time this year.

It's a shame because I was ready to buy.

Reply to
-MIKE-

In the mean time could you fabricate one and use magnets to hold it in place?

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Sure, but how do you get the magnets to stick to the saw blade once you turn the saw on?

Puckdropper :-)

Reply to
Puckdropper

Stupor Glue or really, really long and tough rubber bands?

Seriously, magnets might only work in special cases. Aren't most of those frames and blade covers case of non-ferrous metals? Suspect that there is a VERY good reason the inventor of the Chuter went with Velco (and the industrial strength Velco should work like a champ)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

what? Magnets hold the fabric in place.

Reply to
Leon

Velcro would work but magnets could be attached the same way Velcro is attached. Double sided carpet tape or hot melt glue, etc.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

My guard is made of plastic! Magnets won't stick to it... Gotta stickum to something ferrous, like the saw blade.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Shut-up!! I have enough to do.

Crap...

Reply to
-MIKE-

If their price is appropriate that would be a killer product, even the manf. might like to put them on their tools.

I sure would like one on mine.

Reply to
OFWW

Nevermind

Reply to
Leon

LOL. Well at least "YOU" understood the suggestion....;~0

Did'ja order that Story Stick Pro 96 yet? Duck'n N Run'n

Reply to
Leon

therein lies your problem pissbum

instead of scouring the web looking for some glitzy pos gimmick to waste more of your wifes money on get your lazy ass out and get a job

free clue men have been hanging crown molding for centuries without any milescraft gimmicky bs

Reply to
Eclectic Vomit