Durable tread edges for laminate covered stairs?

Got a friend who has had severed damage to hardwood tread edging(no I don't know what kind of wood exactly, as HE doesn't) caused by his dog running up and down a staircase that's covered with Pergo. The store that he went to for advice was, unfortunately HD, where he was told the laminate companies don't make anything for outside edges that's durable like the flooring itself. He said it's become unsightly in less than a year. Anyone know of a durable material he could put on the edges of the stair steps to cover the seam between the tread and riser pieces of Pergo? BTW, the dog is a pit bull... Also, he said that the Pergo is still in perfect condition. reminds me of another thread earlier this week in which someone asked if laminate floors are more durable. Well, here's another testimony in favor of laminate.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Bay Area Dave

Hard to believe Pergo doesn't make a stair nosing.

If that is true, he can buy 5/16" oak stair nosing and chamfer the square edge, stain/finish to match and nail it down. Or he can buy a router and make his own. Or he could get smart, cut his losses and install real wood.

That dog wouldn't taste too bad with a little garlic and pepper......

M Hamlin

Reply to
MSH

Check elsewhere. My Wilson Art had a bull nose for stairs that is every bit as rugged as the laminate. Can't speak for Pergo, but maybe the HD clerk does not want to check the catalog. Pergo does show a stair nose on its' web page. Says it h as Lusterguard coating FWIW. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

ah, thanks Ed. your post came up just as I answered MSH. I'll tell my friend.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:34:48 GMT, "FOW" pixelated:

- - Let Exxon send their own troops -

Comprehensive Website Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques