DUPLICATOR

Pretty slick. Simpe and should work just great. This is for fish lures, but I can think of a couple of designs I'd like to dupe. No plans, but I really don't think you need any with this much info, and the pictures. I'll be thinking of what I want to dupe, and the changes I'll make to do them.

JOAT What's the difference between a cattle grid and a lawyer?

People slow down before they run over a catte grid.

Reply to
J T

Very slick idea.. Thanks for posting that.

Maybe we can use it to dupe pawns for that chess set..

Reply to
bf

Sat, Nov 11, 2006, 8:08pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (bf) doth ponder: Maybe we can use it to dupe pawns for that chess set..

Betcha could.

JOAT What's the difference between a cattle grid and a lawyer?

People slow down before they run over a catte grid.

Reply to
J T

"bf" wrote in news:1163304488.225422.218500 @i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Why just the pawns? If you're making one set, I bet you're going to make a second, and a third, and... You could make profiles of *all* the pieces (some creativity needed for the horsey piece).

Reply to
Smaug Ichorfang

Nice one, JOAT. A guy at work is thinking about buying my Midi Lathe, and was asking me about duplicators. I told him how to make one, but it was a whole lot more complicated than this. I'll be sure to pass on the link.

Reply to
Prometheus

Tue, Nov 14, 2006, 5:27am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcharter.net (Prometheus) doth sayeth: Nice one, JOAT. =A0 A guy at work is thinking about buying my Midi Lathe, and was asking me about duplicators. I told him how to make one, but it was a whole lot more complicated than this. I'll be sure to pass on the link.

Yeah, I like it too; very simple, thus very elegant. Some of my creations tend to be Rube Goldbergish in the begining - but most of them get simpler the more I think on them. I always like to run across something like this, gives me ideas. It's good to pass them along too.

JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Reply to
J T

This looks like the same set-up that I saw Norm use with a Shopsmith to make up some porch columns. It was on a recent This Old House Classics show.

Reply to
James Silcott

Wed, Nov 15, 2006, 6:16am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (James=A0Silcott) doth sayeth: This looks like the same set-up that I saw Norm use with a Shopsmith to make up some porch columns. It was on a recent This Old House Classics show.

You sure it wasn't Roy, and the Woodwright's Shop? I find it hard to picture Norm using a homemade tool.

JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Reply to
J T

You sure it wasn't Roy, and the Woodwright's Shop? I find it hard to picture Norm using a homemade tool.

JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Hi there joat. I think I saw the same show. Shopsmith does have a duplicator that's a little more elaborate than the one you posted but the basic design is the same. If you want to, take a look at their web site, the last time I was there it was listed. Take care. Jim

Reply to
Jim Northey

Thu, Nov 16, 2006, 1:36am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca (Jim=A0Northey) doth sayeth: Hi there joat. I think I saw the same show. Shopsmith does have a duplicator that's a little more elaborate than the one you posted but the basic design is the same. If you want to, take a look at their web site, the last time I was there it was listed.

Dunno, but does look like you might be able to use a few parts from Shopsmith.

justice. One man, one rock.

Reply to
J T