Dull band saw blades

What do you guys do with your dull band saw blades? Do you bother trying to sharpen them (or have them sharpened by somebody else)? Or do you just chuck them and buy new ones? I've tried to sharpen a couple of them using a Dremel tool and some methods suggested by others on their woodworking sites (I'm sure a Google would turn up enough examples), and the results were passable, but it was a pain to say the least. Are there any good (and reasonably priced) blade sharpening jigs that would make it worth the effort? I'm starting to get knee deep in dull band saw blades...
Band saw blades of 1/2 or larger can be useful as beading tool material. You can make a beading tool holder and just cut the band saw and file to shape.
Other than that, pretty tough to sit there sharpening it. Lots of work for little gain. Contact a professional shop if you are really interested maybe they have a machine like that used for table saw blades.
On 12/5/2011 4:41 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Most of the blades are cheap enough that they're not worth it. I wonder if you could get anything for them from a recycler?
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Steve Turner wrote:

Trying to sharpen bandsaw blades is about as bad as trying to reclaim toilet paper.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

I sent in some dull blades to my sharpener/supplier guy, once. The burrs left from sharpening made the blade even worse than dull. For another 3-4$, I could have bought new blades and should have.
--- Posted via
On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 01:15:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

If your "sharpener/supplier guy" left burrs, you were doing business with the wrong person. I hope you've changed to a reputable company since then.
-- In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to our efforts. -- Peter McWilliams
I sent in some dull blades to my sharpener/supplier guy, once. The burrs left from sharpening made the blade even worse than dull. For another 3-4$, I could have bought new blades and should have.
Another point on why to not resharpen is that the steel in the blade gets work hardened and brittle, after enough use to dull them.
-- Jim in NC

One of my associates with a Wood Miser bandsaw mill reports that he could get the blades re-sharpened but the two way shipping costs would bring the cost up to what new blades cost him. He also reports that he faces a lower breakage rate with new ones--the blades fatigue/work harden with use and the more use they've seen the more frequent the breaks.
John