Duct and Fittings-- Where to buy

Is there any place to buy dust collector duct and fittings in the Denver/Boulder area, and if so, where? I'm trying to find 4" and 5" 26 ga. duct fittings without buying them from Penn State.
--
Vince Heuring To email, remove the Vince.

Add pictures here
βœ–

http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id05
or
http://www.rockler.com/retail/index.cfm?store=3&CFIDF81185&CFTOKEN ƒ760226
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thanks, but Woodcraft lists only plastic fittings, and Rocker, OTOH, lists only spiral duct.

Add pictures here
βœ–

In Albuquerque there is: http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/SEARCH.exe?CTLFIND 2.001
Max
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Vince Heuring" wrote

Glad you brought that up. I'm wondering if I really need 26 gauge ducts. Home Depot has all the fittings I need but they are 30 gauge. I bought a 2Hp cyclone collector but haven't bought any duct work yet.
Max
Add pictures here
βœ–
If you buy 30 gauge ducts you will ruin them the first time that all of the gates get closed while the dust collector is running. The vacuum created by the 2 hp cyclone dust collector will be enough for atmospheric pressure to squash them. Smoke pipe for stoves is 26 gauge and is readily available in black or galvanized at every heating equipment wholesaler. The seams on it will leak if they aren't sealed, but it won't collapse from high vacuum.
--
Charley

"Max" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.netnot> wrote in message
βœ–

I was afraid of that. It would have been just too easy to get the stuff at HD. I guess I'll try the heating/cooling outfits. Thanks,
Max
--
Want change? Vote out the incumbents.

Add pictures here
βœ–
    --Of interest to anyone setting up a dust extraction system, here are photos describing what I did in my shop; enjoy! :-) http://www.nmpproducts.com/exhaust.htm
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Proud to be the
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : family crackpot!
steamer wrote:

Two questions:
1.) Are you related to Rube Goldberg? <G>
2.) Is there any possibility of sucking sparks from your grinders into the same tubes that carry wood dust? If so, that would worry me. A spark could possibly start something smoldering that won't get bad for hours, long after you've left.
Add pictures here
βœ–

the shop, but yeah there's a risk. Fortunately most of the metals I work with are non-sparking; i.e. brass and aluminum. When I grind steel I wear a dust mask and make a mess.