duck decoy prices

This month's Woodshop News has a feature on collectible duck decoys. They have two photos of decoys by Elmer Crowell. One recently sold for over a million dollars. The other dosn't hv avalue listed, but the text states it's even more valuable.
Question; why? I don't mean why are they valuable -- they are beautiful, old, authenticated, and in a niche area. But other fine carved work doesn't sell for anything like that.
    -- Andy Barss
Hmm.. I have 3 decoys that belonged to my grandfather. Two are "decorating" my Koi pond (exposed to the weather) and one is on a window sill indoors. Pretty faded but sound. Be interesting to see that article. I'm not familiar with Woodshop News. Any links available?
Thanks,
--
Patrick Fischer
Olalla, WA