"Dual" Craftsman table saw

I suppose he had a perfectly good reason for doing this but somehow it escapes me at the moment.
Here's a guy who managed to gang two Craftsman table saws together.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemC93374960&category 789&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1>
Ebay item #4393374960 if the link fails.
Strange

Yeah now that he has heard of the Combination and or General cutting blades he no longer needs to have a saw equipped with both a dedicated rip and dedicated cross cut blade.
"Leon" wrote in message

Looks convenient to me. In one of the pictures the saw on the left has a dado stack mounted ... I would love to have the capability to keep a saw set up for dadoes, or other uses, and be able to use the same fence and table surface for ripping.
Two things I am always trying to figure a way around is the time spent changing blades/bits, and the resultant re-setup. I cut some fingerjoints yesterday and realized I didn't cut enough test pieces to get a good fit ... you know the rest of the story. .
This would have solved the problem. Hmmmm ... I am thinking if two is good, four has to be better? ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05
Swingman wrote:

Apparently so did the guy posting this item on Ebay. Swingman is correct according to the gent selling this. He e-mailed me privately and told me that Swingman on the wreck was correct.

Somehow, I doubt it. If it was, the guy would have just added a couple more saws rather than buying a new one<g>
"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message

Well, we can dream ... if I should somehow go to heaven, besides joining SRV on bass in a three piece blues band, I am gonna request a nail gun for every size nail, a router for every bit, a table saw for every blade, and a shop of sufficient size to make Tom Plaman green with envy.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05
Swingman wrote:

I can go along with everything but Tom's shop? Greedy bastard, aren't you?

Didn't David Eisan have a TwoByUnisaw set up a while back?
Patriarch

The remedy is simple. Cut an extra 1 of everything that may be needed because of a screw up during a complicated set up. Thay way you will never need to undo the set up and it almost guarantees that you will not need the extra pieces simply because they are available. At least it works that way for me. LOL
I bought an old cast iron craftsman saw at a garage sale for $2 to (if I ever get around to it) replace the stamped steel wing on my saw. Maybe he had the same idea and got carried away?
toller wrote:

Or perhaps he should have been.
It's heartening to see that no one else here seems to have figured out what he was attempting to do. I was afraid thaat it was going to be something totally obvious to everyone but me.<g>
Think I'll drop him a note and ask THE QUESTION. Good for a grin if nothing else.
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemC93374960&category 789&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1>

Not really. Look at the different rip capacities. I've got a buddy who did pretty much the same thing, but kept the saw with the shortest rip distance set up for dadoing.
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:38:59 GMT, Unquestionably Confused

Because he's perfectly aware that *somewhere* out there, there's somebody dumb as a sack of hammers who'll bid on it.
It's obvious that the two blades are used for two different cutting blades. If you can't figure that out then you're DUMBER than a sack of hammers.
Guess who wrote:

Give Guess a see-gar! Somebody hit the "buy it now" button for $300. :-)
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:38:59 GMT, Unquestionably Confused

Ahh...the memories.
Many years ago we had a job to build 140 video cassette display cabinets for a convenience store chain. We had 280 4'x8' sheets of various sheet goods that we needed to cut into 4'x4' pieces. At the time we had two of the old Delta 10" saws with the chrome fence bars that would only rip to 24". We bolted them both together and used the fence on one saw to cut from the other. Of course we had to measure to the fence since the scale was just a little bit off.:-)
Mike O.