drywall lift plans

I would like to build a lift to use in drywalling a cieling. Google did not come up with anything except advice to rent one or use T-braces. I know there has to be some middle ground. There is mention of plans for a lift that appeared in a magazine some years ago, but I could not find the plans. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kirk

Reply to
kirk78h

DouginUtah

Fine Homebuilding magazine Issue #50, December 1988/January 1989, pp

50-52.

I built something similar, but it did not work too well. I did hang a few 12' sheets of 5/8 fire code on walls, but never used it for ceilings. I finally took it apart.

If I have another job, I will just rent one.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

I made one 25 years ago out of some water pipe and a boat winch. Pictures here

No plans, I just made it with what I had laying around.

Reply to
Pat

If at some point you decide to buy one, have a look on ebay. New imported ones can be had for under $250 including shipping.

Reply to
AL

Are those as good as the ones at Amazon.com going for $600?

Reply to
Fred