Drum Sander - Small Gloat

This is just a small gloat
I was mentioning to a friend on my dart team that I was getting ready to build a drum sander for myself that I saw on line. The next time we met for league, he walked me out to his truck and showed me a Ryobi WDS1600 16" drum sander. He said he was in the process of throwing it away and I could have it if I wanted. I took it. It didn't work of course, that is why he was dumping it. I took it home and the first thing I did was plug in the drum motor, it worked fine. After cleaning it up and really getting a goo look at it, I found a few problems. Surface rust on the table under the belt and a bad controller as well as a bad feed motor. I searched the internet and found the replacement parts for it. After spending approx. $185 dollars, and some elbow grease, I now have a like new drum sander. I feel this is not bad since I am somewhat new to woodworking and don't really have the money to buy new tools like this.
Rick

You would have spent easily that much time, and maybe as much money, on the homebuilt.
Upgrade your gloat, and remember that friends are gloatworthy, too.
Someone else can tell you that you suck.
Patriarch

I'll take that honor...you suck. Good catch. RonMan

on the

Just made my 22" for approx $150
http://www.areddy.net/wood
Works GREAT.

The link doesn't. Sure you posted the right link?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Worked for me. Click on tools. I wouldn't mind seeing more plans with list of parts. (I'm not quite ready yet, so I didn't DAGS).
--
Best regards
Han

You might want to put a guard over that protruding axle, or cut it a bit shorter. I can imagine it wouldn't be much fun if your shirt snagged it.
- Owen -