Dropped cordless drill

Hey all....

I dropped my cordless drill tonight. It still runs, but not as fast or with the same oofff as it should. Took it apart. All wires still connected etc... Is there a way I can check inside of the motor?

Thanks...

Mitch

Reply to
curious_dune

Cap'n 321

Yeah, good idea. Now how do you "drop" a table saw????

Reply to
Paul Franklin

I lost one out of the back of my truck. SWMBO wasn't very thrilled.

Reply to
Charlotte

And get a better one this time. :-)

Seriously, though -- when I was in the market for a new cordless drill, I had narrowed the choices down to Bosch and Makita. The final decision came directly after I asked the Bosch salesman at the WoodWorking Show about the durability of the drill, specifically about its ability to survive falls from a ladder.

He said "Come with me."

He led me to an empty spot at the side of the exhibition hall and hurled the drill at the top of the 20-foot-high brick wall. It bounced off, then fell all

20 feet to the concrete floor. He walked over, picked it up, squeezed the trigger, and it worked perfectly.

I said "Sold."

Reply to
Doug Miller

I hope you didn't take that particular one :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Mitch got that one :) :)

Reply to
kkfitzge

I have "used" and "abused" Bosch drills for a few years now. During my shop construction back in 1998, I dropped my drill from the top of a 12' step ladder "several" times.

I split the housing and replaced that. The drill lives on to this day, but the batteries are headed down hill.

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Which drill?

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

You more than likely damaged the battery. Swap batteries and try again.

Reply to
Andy

That seems odd to me because aren't the batteries designed to 'break away' from the drill body as a shock absorbing feature? Mine certainly do. They are 18 volt German made.

Reply to
jimmy

Bosch 12V cordless. I've had it for several years now; I'm pretty sure that specific model isn't made any more.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Mine have wrist straps. I try to remember to use them.

Greg Guarino

Reply to
Greg Guarino