Dropped cordless drill

Hey all....
I dropped my cordless drill tonight. It still runs, but not as fast or with the same oofff as it should. Took it apart. All wires still connected etc... Is there a way I can check inside of the motor?
Thanks...
Mitch
Use this as an appropriate reason to get yourself a new drill.
curious_dune wrote:

On Thu, 04 May 2006 05:01:43 GMT, Cap'n 321

Yeah, good idea. Now how do you "drop" a table saw????
I lost one out of the back of my truck. SWMBO wasn't very thrilled.

And get a better one this time. :-)
Seriously, though -- when I was in the market for a new cordless drill, I had narrowed the choices down to Bosch and Makita. The final decision came directly after I asked the Bosch salesman at the WoodWorking Show about the durability of the drill, specifically about its ability to survive falls from a ladder.
He said "Come with me."
He led me to an empty spot at the side of the exhibition hall and hurled the drill at the top of the 20-foot-high brick wall. It bounced off, then fell all 20 feet to the concrete floor. He walked over, picked it up, squeezed the trigger, and it worked perfectly.
I said "Sold."
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

I hope you didn't take that particular one :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Mitch got that one :) :)
I have "used" and "abused" Bosch drills for a few years now. During my shop construction back in 1998, I dropped my drill from the top of a 12' step ladder "several" times.
I split the housing and replaced that. The drill lives on to this day, but the batteries are headed down hill.
Doug Miller wrote:

On Thu, 04 May 2006 14:48:20 GMT, Pat Barber

Mine have wrist straps. I try to remember to use them.
Greg Guarino
Which drill?
-Zz
On Thu, 04 May 2006 10:52:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Bosch 12V cordless. I've had it for several years now; I'm pretty sure that specific model isn't made any more.

--
Regards,
On Thu, 04 May 2006 10:52:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

the drill body as a shock absorbing feature? Mine certainly do. They are 18 volt German made.
You more than likely damaged the battery. Swap batteries and try again.