Dropped bandsaw repair

We were busily moving into our new house and on one of the trips the 14" Grizzly bandsaw did not get properly secured. Fortunately the saw fell out of the utility trailer at about 5mph while still in the neighborhood so noone got hurt. The damage seems pretty minimal, but I'm trying to identify the source of an upper-wheel wobble. The wheel is cast aluminum and the shaft appears to be a 3/4" steel rod. I'm guessing the wheel got bent when the top struck the ground. Before I go and buy a new wheel though, I was wondering what the best way to confirm if the wheel is "warped".
BTW: I've got a sweet deal on a used bandsaw...
Chris
Spin it. If it wobbles then it is bent. This assumes that the bearings are still in good shape and that the axle is firmly in place. Or in place enough that the axle is not flopping about.

Jim B.

My hunch is that the shaft is likely bent. Just a hunch. Those wheels are usually die-cast and would break, rather than bend, although some bending can occur in die-cast parts. Move the top wheel to the bottom and the bottom wheel to the top, if that is possible, that should tell you what you want to know.
I was thinking the same thing...but the wheels are aluminum, which seems like it would be more maliable than iron. It looks like it's going to cost me almost $100 to repair if it is the wheel. I only paid $225 (used) for it a few years back and have been a little disappointed with the upper guide system...you have to readjust if you slide the guides up/down at all. Decisions decisions.

have tweeked the connection between the 2 parts of the umm.. support arms? I'm trying to describe the thing that the assembly instructions call the "bandsaw", where the large bolt holds the 2 pieces together.. (and where you add the riser block)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing