drilling brick

Thinking of drilling into brick to secure a door threshold. Using maybe a concrete style anchor bolt.
I have never drilled into brick, should a masonary bit w/ hammer drill do it?
Rich
yup should do fine.

Some brick is quite soft you may be able to get by with out a hammer drill.

You're far better off drilling into the mortar between bricks: it's much stronger and nowhere near as fragile. Also, a hammer drill is overkill (and might wind up damaging the brick, if you drill the brick). A masonry bit with an ordinary power drill, or even a hand drill, will do just fine.
If I had a Nickel...... A cheap carbide tipped masonry bit will do fine. Without a hammer drill it can require a lot of pressure. However you will be drilling downward, easy to just place your weight on the drill. If you find the drilling slow, pull out the bit often and use a little water in the hole to keep from overheating the bit. I found the blue plastic anchors and wood screws work well together. Should only require a 1/4 inch hole.
--
Chipper Wood

useours, yours won't work
Excellent!!!!!! Thanks for all the replies I appreciate it!
Rich