drill presses

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 01:38:48 GMT, "Max"

You may have already picked one by now, but since you've got a rather handsome budget availible for a drill press, check these guys out:
http://www.clausing-industrial.com/Products/Drills/Clausing/index.htm
They're tough as nails, and the variable speed is really nice. Doesn't hurt that they're American made, either. Looks like the 15" models can be had for under $1000 if you search around a little. I can't imagine you'd find one that was much better- these are designed for production metal drilling, and will run 24/7 without breaking a sweat. Some of them even come on a table as big as a good workbench.

Very nice. Pretty steep price. Very likely much more tool than I need. I like the 20" Craftsman but I just haven't been able to agree with the $202. shipping fee.
Max
On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 04:45:20 -0600, Prometheus wrote:

AHA!
I knew they had to be out there somewhere! When my current $99 drill press gives up the ghost, I know where to go to get its replacement!
http://www.clausing-industrial.com/Products/Catalogs/Drilling/ClausingRadial/CL720A-CL820A-CL920A_1203.pdf
Bill wrote:

Wow!
On a much more modest scale, Woodcrat has a Rikon benchtop radial drill press for, IIRC, under $200. And non-radial floor models by Rikon, Jet, and General.
Disclaimer: I work there part-time, so this isn't a completely unbiased post :-).
--
It's turtles, all the way down