Drill Press Suggestions

Hello everyone, I recieved a Delta DP350 for Christmas. I was considering taking it back and buying the Grizzly G7944. I would like to here some opinions before I go any farther.
thanks, chris
Oops, I also wanted to mention that I like to here suggestions of models I should be looking at. I don't mind spending more. I'm also new to woodworking, but I'm finishing up buying equipment.
I have looked through past posts, but I still would like to get more info.
thanks again, chris
stahlee wrote:

LMAO
--
"Keep your ass behind you."

Never!
You'll see... <G>
Barry
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean everything. I just meant the equipment I wanted to buy to get started. :)
chris
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

I have the Grizzly G7944 and I like it a lot. It's a great deal too. You can pay a whole lot more for a drill press and still not get any additional performance.
Do you by any chance have the mortising attachment?
thanks, chris
NoNameAtAll wrote:

Keep what have, Chris. Delta and Grizzly were both made in China.
George http://vertilathe.freeyellow.com
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:21:40 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (George Devine) wrote:

Unless something has changed recently, I don't think this is correct. Delta started importing drill presses from mainland China a couple of years ago - I learned this to my sorrow, only after I took delivery of my Delta 17-965. Grizzly presses are still being made in Taiwan, or at least they were as of my last visit to the Bellingham showroom a half year or so ago.
Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com
Delta was importing Drill Presses from Taiwan at least as far back as 1992. I recall loosing the belt to mine during a move in 1992 and calling Delta to find out what size belt I needed. (Thought I could pick a belt up from Grainger.) Even Delta's engineers couldn't help me. They had no drawing package. They just bought the drill press branded for them, not built to their specifications apparently. This was a real eye opener to me and also the last time I anguished about not buying a Delta product.
RB
Tim Carver wrote:

Delta WAS importing DP's from Taiwan. They are no longer doing that, they're now importing them from mainland China now, and they've taken a considerable step back in quality.
I have one of the new Delta DP's from mainland China (a 17-965, supposedly one of their better DP's) and it's got some problems, the worst of which is, it vibrates a bunch. I would prefer a Taiwanese made DP any day of the week.

Tim Carver snipped-for-privacy@twocarvers.com
I was also considering jumping up to the Jet JDP-17MF. Is it worth it?
chris
George Devine wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (George Devine) wrote:

Is anything of Delta's made here or is the whole line made in China now?
--
Jim Polaski
"The measure of a man is what he will do

at least some of their heavier stuff is domestic.
they also manufacture on several other continents....

Thanks