Drill Doctor 500

I received a Drill Doctor 500 for Xmas. Trying it out for the first time and the alignment step seems a little sloppy, especially with the smaller drills. Seems to be a lot of slop between the chuck and alignment port. Any one with experience with these things have any comments?
Agreed that the smaller bits are more difficult to align correctly -- OTOH, smaller drill bits are much cheaper, so I just replace those. My drill doctor does a great job on bits larger than 3/16. Anything smaller, I just replace.
Matthew