Drill chuck removal

I want to replace the chuck on my slot morticer. It is a 10 mm Rohm keyed chuck. I have driven off chucks in the past using metal wedges without problem but this one won't shift. I presume it is not on a taper. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Open the chuck and look inside it may have a screw in the center that can be removed. If no screw then the chuck is threaded and screws onto to shaft. It should be a left handed thread so it won't screw off in use.
Hope this helps
Lynn
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately there is no center screw, and I can't turn in on the shaft even using extreme violence. I'm afraid of doing permanent damage to the bearing housing/pulley assembly. I was thinking of heating the chuck up with a gas torch to see if it frees up. All I want to do is replace the chuck with one of a larger capacity...
Dave