Drill bit quick change adapter

About 6 years ago I bought two Disston Quick Change Adapters for our cordless drills. The nice thing about them is they are "springloaded" All you have to do is push the drill bit (with the standard grooved hex-base) into the adapter and it is secured by a little metal bar inside the hole. To release the bit you just slide the collar down and the metal bar slides down and releases the bit making it jump out at least a foot. None of this manually sliding the collar up and down to secure a bit like the Craftsman and Dewalt Quick-change systems. It is truly a one-step, one-hand operation. The problem is I cannot find them anymore. I bought them at Homebase before they went out of business. Is there anything else out there that is similar to the Disston? Or can anyone recommend some good websites for finding hard-to-find tools?

Thanks!

Reply to
brian

Not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but Rockler have just bought out a quick change countersink/driving setup called the Insty-Drive system.

have the basic kit, but it doesnt have a spring load feature... Switching bits is still faster than changing bits in the chuck :) Might be worth a look.

Dean

Reply to
OTR

The Snappy brand is close. It is one touch push to insert, and it uses a ball bearing to retain the bit. But it doesn't spring load the ejection.

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

I like the Insty Bits and counter sinks but not the bit holder. Too bulky. I prefer the ones sold by McFeeley's. Slimmer and better magnet. I do like the InstyBit holder that replaces a drill chuck, Great for close quarters. I put one on my right angle drill.

Mike

Reply to
Mike