Drill 4" hole through 1" wood desk

Good point.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:030720061750384512%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca:

I used a 3" bit in a hand held drill and the holes were quite accutate. I think I will post a picture of what I was drilling.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

I used upto a 6" hole saw for such things, clamp a sheet of metal top and bottom to help guide (pilot the top one) and support edges, worked a treat everytime.

Reply to
badger.badger

"badger.badger" wrote in news:Nkoqg.69319$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

I cut mine without such things. I do have to admit that the bit from Lee Valley was excellent. Slised thru that venerred MDF like a rotary plane. It sliced the veneer so cleanly I was amazed. I expected the veneer to break and chip. It did neither. There was some breakage of the veneer on the exit side wut without a drill press it is to be expected. I am not sure about running a 4" bit in a hand drill as I have not tried it. 3" was so easy that I expect that the 4" would be no issue.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler