dresser is done!

Page 2 of 2

Thank you Barry!
stoutman wrote:

and Presto, crib! For a few months anyway. It worked for our grandkids, but I did make a cradle based on http://www.jordanwoodboats.com/bt2.htm but the digital pictures I have here don't show the cradle. Joe PS, it's best not to wait until the weekend before she's due to start the cradle. It can cause you to be up at 1AM planing down the chines to glue the bottom on in time to drive down the next(same) morning.

Thank you. Thats not a bad idea! :)

Very nice. Clean, simple, functional and will last for generations.
You do need to sign and date. Eventually, kids will fight over who gets what piece. I usually put a small brass plate with my initials and the date finished on the back or bottom of each piece.
Frank

Thank you Frank. The brass plate is a good idea. I just used a sharpie (underneath of course.) :P

Of course, if you're a prolific woodworker using brass plates, it can get pretty expensive. Might be easier and certainly cheaper to use a branding iron such as one of the Lee Valley Tools models below. Couple of letter and number stamps to input the date if you want and you're done.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p2190&cat=1,43456,43462 http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p2187&cat=1,43456,43461
Who needs fancy plans when that woodworking brain is cookin?
Enjoyed the pictures. I once made a triple dresser from pine and had a fun time trying out different joints for the drawer faces. I figured that at some point somebody would overload them and we would "lose face"..:) Your solution looks pretty darn sturdy.
Ron T

Thank you Ron!