Dremel tools

Page 2 of 2
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Wow! Well, in that case, I guess I take back everything else I've said in this thread. I'd have bought the real deal for no more than the price difference probably was. Chiwan has enough money anyway.
I'm glad the OP made the right choice. :)

Axully I just unpacked mine this afternoon - didn't realize the thing is made by Bosch. (Dremel is a division of Bosch.)
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

I don't think they were 10 years ago. I'm not bored enough to pore over this thing with a manifying glass, but I'm not seeing the word "Bosch" in the manual.
They probably got bought out by the Corporation Corporation.

Here in Canada we were able to get Dremel & Skil parts for a short while through Bosch, now it's back to just Bosch & Skil.
--
Jon Down
Silvan thus spake:

Same here. I've had mine for over 10 years - no problems and no brush replacements. Having lived in 3 cities in Florida and now Atlanta, I never could find the darned thing when I needed it, but now that I have a shop set up, it resides in an old blow-molded camcorder case in it's own little spot on the shelf under the workbench. Handy little f#%$ers.
Greg G.