Dremel 1800 Scroll Saw opinions

Anybody out there have any opinions on Dremel 1800 Scroll Saws?

It has a small 5" disk sander which can be removed to expose a PTO for driving their flex shaft.

I have read decent reviews for their 16" model and was wondering if the 18" model is any good. It looks as if the Home Depot is clearancing the 16's. I'm not sure if it is discontinued or if HD only wants to carry one.

I'm looking for a halfway decent scroller, not professional quality at professional prices. I already have a 14" bandsaw and want something for small tight curves and inside work.

Any comments, good or bad, will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric e-mail address not functioning

Reply to
mnterpfan