Drawing With Ketchup

Page 1 of 3
I've been reading with some interest that some of y'all have been trying to draw cabinets and such with Ketchup, so I decided to try it for myself
I found it to be messy and difficult to use for this purpose. Some customers have also complained that the drawings attracted ants.
The good news is that it is a very Green way of making drawings (even though they come out Red, which is counterintuitive).
I see that some of my Red State bretheren have become staunch defenders of this technique, which is understandable, since a previous Republican administration thought so highly of Ketchup as to include it in one of the food groups. I'm not sure what they thought about it as a drawing tool.
It seems that the Dutch-Canadian contingent has firmly rejected Ketchup, saying that it is not a CAD program, which everyone knows anyway. What we don't know is whether it is a fruit or a vegetable. This is perfectly understandable as Canada is too cold to grow vegetables, so this is obviously a geo-cultural problem that will be eliminated soon with the advent of global warming.
Then Al Gore will be able to say that he predicted that Ketchup would take over the global market as a drawing tool long before anyone else.
That being said, I'm confident that we will all be drawing with Ketchup in the near future because none of us will be able to afford $2000.00 a seat for AutoCAD, or even the lesser cost of its mildly retarded cousin - TurboCAD.
Yessir, Ketchup will be the real deal then, especially when the bailout for the tomato growing agri biz giants gets through congress.
I'll be checking back in then and I'm sure we'll all be arguing the relative benefits of the individual brands of Ketchup.
I'm a Heinz man, myself.
Regards,
"Tom Watson" wrote

LOL ... good one as usual, Tom.
Give my red/green from Ile Petite Anse, myself ... put's the zing in your drawings.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I don't know what you folks are talking about, but that's funny! ;)
nb

Funny? You've never had to deal with fire ants?
Max

.....and never will! It's cold up here at 7200ft in CO. ;)
(OTOH, it don't stop them damn black widows!)
nb

Low to mid seventies all this week down here in the barren southwest but we'll be up there this summer.
Max

Who-the-hell asked you? . . . . . =0)
...from Canuckistan....
"Robatoy" wrote:

Anything below 60F is no longer fit for human habitation.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Spoken like a true southern Californian. BTW: I see that the weather forecast for your area has a high of 60F for tomorrow. You may want to get out your down parka.
"Dan Coby" wrote:

Actually an Ohio escapee for the last 20 years.
Still have my down filled parka, just in case, but these days don't even think about going outdoors until the temps hit 70F.
Life is to short to be uncomfortable.
Lew

Having escaped from Sarnia, Ontario at a relatively young age (17), I *relish* in reminding folks of how nice the weather is down here.
Max

And where else can you be 1 hour (upwind) from Detroit's Industrial base/shops/suppliers and 2 1/2 hours from Toronto for plays, dinner, 7 hours from the most beautiful city in the world, Montreal? Cool in the summer, not too bad in the winter. Miles and miles of nice beaches. Great yacht clubs all around. Bayfest. Topless freedom for the wimmin folk. RibFest. $200,000 for a $ 500,000 home. ZERO murders in 2008. 7 MBs download speed so I can download Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly in minutes and then drag them to trash.
Life is good.
Robatoy wrote:

I agree with most of that, Sarnia is a nice area, however, Montreal? drive the extra three hours Quebec City is amazing.
--
Froz...

..
Quebec City is indeed amazing. It doesn't have the Paris, NY, Milan kinda international buzz that Montreal has though. Just my opinion.
Robatoy wrote:

Much better strip clubs in Montreal, I agree. ;-)
--
Froz...

..
The legs aren't as hairy as they are in Quebec City..
"Robatoy" wrote:

hours from the most beautiful city in the world, Montreal? Cool in the summer, not too bad in the winter. Miles and miles of nice beaches. Great yacht clubs all around. Bayfest. Topless freedom for the wimmin folk. RibFest. $200,000 for a $ 500,000 home. ZERO murders in 2008. 7 MBs download speed so I can download Glen Beck, Bill O'Reilly in minutes and then drag them to trash.
Life is good.
I tried to sell myself that line for years.
Then I woke up and came to SoCal.
Lew

I could hear your teeth chattering as you wrote that. *NO* city is beautiful. Not bad in the winter?? 70 degrees F. is not bad. Not minus 70. What good are beaches when they're frozen? What's a yacht club? OK. I'll go for the topless women. Ice fishing on Saginaw Bay is Ok too. We have a low rate of murders for cities this size but Juarez more than makes up for it.
Max
hibbing, mn
Regards,