drawers - where do you put best side?

Building drawers out of baltic birch plywood for a shop cabinet. The plywood has one nice side and one not so nice - the latter having footballs and strange grain, etc... Question: Where do I put the best side of the plywood - on the inside or the outside of the drawers? There will be a separate drawer front, if that matters.
Bob

If there will be a separate drawer front, then you put the bad side to the outside where it will be covered by the drawer front.
Good question. I'm curious to hear if there is a standard.
It seems to me you'd want the best side on the inside. Pictures you see are almost always photographed from the side and therefore you see the outside of the drawer, however, in real use the person is going to be standing in front of the drawer and will seldom see the outside, but will always see the inside. Therefore, it makes sense to me that the inside should be the best side.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"bob" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
If you are covering the outside w/ a front - the put the good side in.

footballs
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:52:41 -0600, "bob"

crappy side outside. IMHO.
-Dan V.
bob wrote:

I tend to put the nice side of my drawers inside. I chaffs less and you get less splinters in your bum!