drawer slides

Can anybody point me to a good source for quality "self closing" drawer sli= des? I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of = the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2=94. I want to use un= dermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21=94. How adjustable is t= he back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21=94 an= d I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

I looked at Woodcraft here locally, but they are expensive. I think I can = do better online, but then I need to be really sure I get ones that will fi= t.

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jtpr

slides? I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2?. I want to use undermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21?. How adjustable is the back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21? and I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

Pay attention, Dude ... you're getting hard won valuable advice thus far in this thread, but if you don't bother with it, you will eventually get none.

You might want to start reading some of the previous replies to your post that already covered these very questions.

Once again ... for ALMOST ALL brands of undermount soft close slides you make the drawer the EXACT length of the slide.

A good value in soft close undermounts are KV brand. They also have more length options in the "MUV" line.

> I think I can do better online, but then I need to be really sure I get ones that will fit.

Once again ... build the DRAWERS to the DRAWER SLIDES!

Once again ... DECIDE upon and BUY the DRAWER SLIDES BEFORE you build the drawers!

Reply to
Swingman

Can anybody point me to a good source for quality "self closing" drawer slides? I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2?. I want to use undermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21?. How adjustable is the back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21? and I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

I looked at Woodcraft here locally, but they are expensive. I think I can do better online, but then I need to be really sure I get ones that will fit.

Thanks, Jim

Most all the under mount soft close slides require you to build the drawer around the needs and requirements of the slide. Basically there is no room for deviation with out modifications to the drawer.

As far as a good source I often use Woodworkers Hardware.

Leon

lides? =A0 =A0I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the fro= nt of the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2=94. I want to = use undermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21=94. How adjustabl= e is the back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21= =94 and I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

can do better online, but then I need to be really sure I get ones that wil= l fit.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Karl, Leon.... I'm surmising, more so, now, that you are in the cabinet making business, or it's a significant parts of your business. I hesitated to post this back in Febuary. You may have benefitted from this, if you have facilities for storing supplies in bulk. I don't know if these are KV brand, though. Seems some of these slides went for as little as $1 a set. You are close enough to have, maybe, been interested in these. Wish I would have posted this, back then.

Starting with Lot 136 -

Sonny

Our/my business includes cabinets but is not restricted to that. Karl and I generally buy hardware as needed.

Karl, Leon.... I'm surmising, more so, now, that you are in the cabinet making business, or it's a significant parts of your business. I hesitated to post this back in Febuary. You may have benefitted from this, if you have facilities for storing supplies in bulk. I don't know if these are KV brand, though. Seems some of these slides went for as little as $1 a set. You are close enough to have, maybe, been interested in these. Wish I would have posted this, back then.

Starting with Lot 136 -

Leon

for the thought ... I'll definitely keep an eye out for these auctions.

Reply to
Swingman

slides? I will be installing 6 drawers with the distance from the front of the face frame to the back of the carcass being 22 1/2?. I want to use undermount soft close heavy duty slides. Blume has 21?. How adjustable is the back of these things? Do they adjust at all or do I get exactly 21? and I need to build the back of the carcass out to meet them?

Aside from THAT, what's up with the lack o' wrap in the OP?

I'm viewing th OP w/ Agent and it's one looooooooong line. Anybody else?

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Get a better reader George Watson / no spam. Get off all the trolling style readers and get a real one that allows exchange of ideas.

oh yeah... give your deficencies a rest....

[...]

Josepi

"Pay attention, Dude ... you're getting hard won valuable advice thus far in this thread, but if you don't bother with it, you will eventually get none."

Oh boy. This is starting to get scary. I looked back at my previous posts and I asked the exact same thing. Sorry about that. I thought having to check my drivers license to see where I lived was bad, but not this.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice, AGAIN. I do appreciate it and will try to be more cautious in the future...

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

Real meaning?

The troll posted a response under a different nickname and you didn't shout his praises as the Usenet God he thinks he is.

This is his standard M.O.

-----------------

[...]

Turn your "Word Wrap" on under the "View" menu.

Reply to
Nova

and I asked the exact same thing. Sorry about that. I thought having to check my drivers license to see where I lived was bad, but not this.

be more cautious in the future...

LOL ... no problem.

As far as brand for the undermount softclose, we buy lots of slides and the KV have been the best value the past year or so, and it's a plus that they have so many length options. The only thing that I don't like about the KV's is some of the undermount components are slightly visible from the side.

My next favorite, but more expensive and fussier to build a drawer for, are the Hettich Quadro series, and they're getting harder to find at local suppliers, unlike the KV, which everyone seems to carry.

That notwithstanding, it hard to go wrong with Blume.

Reply to
Swingman

Apologies for my silly posting I lost swapping out the names of the shadows. DO say you forgive me. Do this now or the lines do get longer LOL LOL I need respite!