Drawer slide recommendation ?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:50:08 -0500, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com scrawled the following:

My ears aren't all they used to be (tinnitus started about 25 years ago) so I'm happy with my old Technics SA-DX930, with 0.01%THD in audible ranges.

With this pocketbook and these ears, Denon, Onkyo, and Yamaha can have fun way up there without me.

-- We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 21 Nov 2009 17:15:39 GMT, the infamous Han scrawled the following:

Some 128GB drives went for five to ten bucks the first day they came out. Lucky suckers. They go for $50-100 now. I may get one once the price drops in half again. Do complete backups of entire drives in one fell swoop.

-- We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774

Reply to
Larry Jaques

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: : I recently used Accuride 3832C drawer slides in a media cabinet (20", : full extension, $23/pr, Rockler).

: They work well enough, except for one problem. It takes a rather : excessive amount of force to overcome the friction stop in order to : fully push closed the drawer. Conversely, when opening the drawer, you : have to really pull in order for the drawer to release. Unnecessarily : so.

I've been really impressed with the slides used in the Ikea kitchen cabinets we installed last summer. Brand isn't marked, but they're made in Austria, and may be available separately from Ikea. Smoooothhhhh, and they have dampers which make closing them a pleasure.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

*snip*

One of the nice features of RAID is you can lose 1 or 2 disks in an array (depending on how it's set up) and not lose any data. I've got a backup box that uses a RAID 6 array, and can lose two disks without losing any data. If a disk fails, it's simply replaced and the array rebuilds.

In the future, computers will start to come with more than one hard disk set up with some sort of mirroring to prevent data loss. 1 TB is an awful lot of data to lose. (It's just like almost all new computers now have multiple processor cores.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Han wrote in news:Xns9CCA7CB8DD32Bikkezelf@

216.151.153.190:

Got a message from Ebay saying the item was withdrawn. If I had paid, I should (don't quite understand), but it said wait 3-7 days.

Guess I answered a scam artist.

I wonder whether I should dispute the charge from Paypal to my credit card ...

Reply to
Han

On 22 Nov 2009 13:06:57 GMT, the infamous Han scrawled the following:

I missed buying one at $25 from shengda9668 (showing 133 sales but zero feedback, strange). He said to wait and came back with a relisting at $30 about 5 days later. I went back to eBay and got one from another vendor, f9w8g4f, who has 358 sales, 100% positive. I got a confirmation from her today, so I'll know more when it gets here.

G'luck!