Drawer glides for faceless cabinets

I'm planning a cabinet for my shop that will not have several drawers with box joint front joints. I wanted a faceless cabinet with the drawers fitting flush, and as little clearance as possible. My problem is finding drawer 'glides' to accomodate this. In ShopNotes #30, they feature their Small Workbench, which looks almost exactly like I would like mine to look. Reading the details of how they built it, they used 1/2" aluminum angle set in a shallow dado in the carcass, and ripped a groove down the side of each drawer 1/8" wide to accept the aluminum. Like I said, it looks perfect, but I wonder if the drawers would work well, and if there would eventually be significant wear and tear. I've also taken a close look at Dizzy's router table, (http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/routertable.html ) which features drawers that glide on 1/2" UHWM runners. This looks like a better choice, if the plastic holds up. Does anyone have any experience with either (or both) of these methods before I chop up a lot of wood?
By the way, since I'm leaning toward the UHWM plastic, I'll have to find a supplier. I have seen McMaster Carr in some posts as a supplier of choice. In the past, for small pieces, I have bought kitchen cutting boards at Sams and ripped them down. It's a lot cheaper, and readily available, but I don't know if it is exactly the same stuff.
Thanks, Kirk

What about centre mount slides that fit underneath the drawer? Half the work and half the mounting width of two side mounted slides.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&pP509&cat=3,43614,43616
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&pE056&cat=3,43614,43616
I am using center mount slides that I got from Rockler for a dresser I am making. They are fine but if you want something more rugged, I think the slides in the router table you referred to are fine. I built my router table from Norm's plans and he just used 1/2" plywood for the slides. it works great. I suppose the UHWM would be even better though I have zero complaints about my plywood glides.

Cutting boards are HDPE, which is not as dense/wear resistant, though it can work OK, IMO. McMaster Carr is good, but expensive. People sell this stuff on ebay in off-cut sizes at OK prices. Also, check local yellow pages for Plastics and see if they sell off-cuts. You can cut UHWM with your TS blade -- just be aware that rather than sawdust you get cotton candy-like stuff. No problem, just a bit peculiar. HTH. -- Igor

I'm not trying to be picky, but you do know that it is UHMW (not UHWM) stands for UltraHigh Molecular Weight plastic.
Gary

No, pick away. You're right. I never can get this one right. I usually just call it "that UH stuff". Thanks. -- Igor
I think we have been brainwashed into believing that all drawers require some type of hardware. After forty years of daily use, my maple dresser drawers still "glide" easily in their maple frame.