Drawer front ideas needed

G'day all, The decorating is complete, with the exception of staining and polishing the back door and painting 2 others. The kitchen cabinets are under way. You can see pic here:-

a couple of shots of the pantry cabinet. Tasmanian Oak doors, Wiluna white melamine carcase. The War Office hasn't picked out the door furniture yet. The shelves slide out on roller runners. The next part is the Wall Oven cabinet, then onto the benches.

The question: I intend to include a bank of drawers. Any ideas for the design of the faces so that they are in keeping with the doors. The door measurements are:- Top Rail 120mm Bottom Rail 80mm Styles 60mm

The only thing I can come up with is to make the top drawer matching the tops of doors and put a 40mm rail on the bottom and then on the bottom and top of the others. I think that the drawers for pots under the wall oven will look alright matching the doors. Hope I'm making sense.

I posted the same message on abpw, but because of the flood currently happening there I don't think many regulars are bothering at the moment.

Regards John

Reply to
John B

John:

I think stile and rail drawer faces will look too busy. The doors have a nice clean look with the flat panels. I'd recommend just using a flat overlayed panel for drawer faces. See how the drawer faces in this pic:

are just raised panels without a frame? In this cabinet, the doors and drawer faces are beaded inset. For your drawer faces I'd use a flat panel, overlayed as are your doors. A nice clean look.

Plain satin nickel knobs on the drawers, and knobs with escutcheons on the doors, would match the fridge, and be in keeping with the clean lines you have going there.

Just my .02.

-- Timothy Juvenal

Hambone Slim

G'day Tim, I think you're on the right track. Thanks for your input and effort. Kind regards John

Reply to
John B

I'd probably use solid wood (no frame/panel). I can't tell from your cabinet pix what the door edges are like but I'd probably make a shallow rabbet on the outside of the drawer edges so that there was a "panel" standing slightly proud framed by a less thick border, said border of a width/depth that looks good with the cabinet doors. I would *not* try to make a curve in the top drawer. I'd make the drawer faces full overlay and undercut a bit on the bottom back for an integral pull; IOW, I wouldn't use any hardware pulls on them.

Reply to
dadiOH