drawer design question

This has been done, just can't remember how and where I saw it. Parts drawer mounted up high (above eye level), when pulled out, will hinge at the back and pivot down so you can see the contents. How do you build it out of wood so that it works smoothly, supports the weight when pivoted down, and is easy to return. Just trying to maximize space usage and get some "valuable" crap out of the way. thanks, bill in Nashville
Assuming you've got a groove in the drawers sides and a guide attached to the sides of the drawer opening - AND a stop at the front of the drawer to keep it from falling out - this might work.
If the space internal to the unit is built to enclose the drawer when closed - ie a frame above and below the drawer, leaving the front of the top frame back from the front of the drawer unit - with a stop to keep the drawer from falling out - would also work.
Or - if the drawer sides extended out behind the drawer and a dowel were placed on the outside back there to act as a guide and run in a groove in the inside of the drawer unit ...
charlie b
Thanks Charlie, you gave me the idea. Put the pin in the case wall with a slot in the drawer side. The drawer side bottem edge rides on the runner until almost off, then hinges on the pin in the case side - no face frame needed. Make sense? bill
charlie b wrote:

Saw reference to that capability after the pull out drawers were installed over the ovens/fridge. Try www.wwhardware.com as they have a sizeable catalog listing. We're happy with what we have tilt down or not!
On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 07:37:01 -0500, Bill Tucker