Drain in the shop when the line runs up-hill?

Wondering if I have any options to put a drain into my shop when the slope of the ground is uphill a couple of feet.

A sink would be about 80 feet away from the house where I could tap into a basement sink drain. This line would need to run uphill a foot or two in elevation before dropping into the basement sink drain line.

What are the options besides a 5 gallon bucket under the sink?

Alan

Reply to
arw01

If the end is lower than the beginning, the in-between can go up hill as long as it does not go higher than the beginning elevation. The up hill travel would essentially work like a stretched out p-trap. That said however, draining will be much slower and may clog more often.

Reply to
Leon

Dig a deeper trench. Fall 1/4" per foot so your trench will need to slope 20" from start to finish.

Reply to
aquatic.imaging

One of these:

Google on "laundry pump".

Reply to
Doug Miller

"arw01"

If its only a sink, not toilet waste, just build a french drain. (Deep hole filled with gravel.) Or, a pump.

Dave

Teamcasa

Reply to
Wilson

There are various ejection pumps and sewage pumping systems available for what you want. If you are only talking about liquid waste from the sink, how about putting a small cheap sump pump into that 5 gallon pail?

Reply to
lwasserm

Mine goes from the J trap through the wall to the ground outside the back of my shop. It's just water, with a little soap mixed in from washing my hands. May not be legal but does no harm.

Gerald Ross Cochran, GA

A man's got to know his limitations.

Reply to
Gerald Ross