Dowelling Jig Advice

Am I correct in thinking that if I wanted to use dowel joints to fasten a 1 x 3 with the 3 inch face to the edge of 3/4 inch plywood I would use a jig like the Veritas Dowelling Jig 05J08.01 shown on page 127 of the Lee valley catalog rather than the self centering dowelling jig like the 25K64.01 shown on the same page?

Reply to
rasberry

Hi -

You're correct - you need a "non self-centering" jig for that....

Other methods your could use - buy a couple of hardened inserts and make your own jig ...

Buy "mini biscuits", and cut the 1/8" slots on a router table.

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee