Doweling Jigs?

I'm looking for a decent doweling jig for doing face frames and likely other things. I like the DowelMax, but I like my $260 even more. Any recommendations for a good unit?

Reply to
Bill Stock

SonomaProducts.com

G'day Bill, I saw this on the Telly the other night. It looks like a winner although there is few bob required :) I don't own one and have never seen one in the flesh, just thought that you and others may be interested.

John B

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I was leaning towards this one:

think it's the same as the unit in your first link. I like it's ability to line up boards easily. It's a Wolfcraft, but people seem fairly happy with this item.

Reply to
Bill Stock

I've used dowel jigs. Then, I tried pockets. I bought the Kreg master kit and haven't looked back.

Reply to
C & E

I'm not sure where I had gotten mine buts its the same thing you're looking at. It has worked out very well for me. I had built a computer cabinet so it can be taken apart, no way to move the unit in one piece.

Reply to
noreaster

I just got one just like this:

I haven't used it yet, but when I do I'll post a report.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

That's a serious piece of cast :)

regards John