Doweling Jigs?

I'm looking for a decent doweling jig for doing face frames and likely other things. I like the DowelMax, but I like my $260 even more. Any recommendations for a good unit?
Maybe use pocket holes instead? Pretty much how FF's are done now.
Cheapest route is http://www.kregtool.com/products/pht/product.php?PRODUCT_ID0

Bill Stock wrote:

I saw this on the Telly the other night. It looks like a winner although there is few bob required :) I don't own one and have never seen one in the flesh, just thought that you and others may be interested.
http://www.ozziejigs.com.au/reviews.html http://www.ozziejigs.com.au/index.html
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s1993029.htm
regards John
Not a bad ltlle unit and it answers the original posters question better than mine.
Here are two other solutions http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 76&filter=dowel and http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 7&filter=dowel

Thanks,
I was leaning towards this one:
http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?&NETID 32400811071521273&NTITEM751
I think it's the same as the unit in your first link. I like it's ability to line up boards easily. It's a Wolfcraft, but people seem fairly happy with this item.
I'm not sure where I had gotten mine buts its the same thing you're looking at. It has worked out very well for me. I had built a computer cabinet so it can be taken apart, no way to move the unit in one piece.

I've used dowel jigs. Then, I tried pockets. I bought the Kreg master kit and haven't looked back.

I just got one just like this: <
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/Images/6054-A.JPG
I haven't used it yet, but when I do I'll post a report.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

That's a serious piece of cast :)
regards John