Dovetails in tapered joints

Not sure how to explain this, so bear with me. I was admiring a walnut letter tray on abpw and wood like to make one with the sides sloping outward and with dovetails cut on an Incra. Is that possible? I don't understand the geometry of dovetails that intimately to visualize if it is doable. The picture of the letter tray appears to depict sloping sides with box joints. If that's the only practical way to do it, then that would be fine too.
Please cut me some slack if I'm not explaining my question adequately, as I don't always know the proper terms.
dave
What's with the spell checker Dave ? Also I think your talking "compound dovetails" Some will call these " hopper box joints" That's what SOME people call them. Everyone has a different term for them. It CAN be done with the Incra setup, but there be some heavy thinkin going on to do it. I just finished a baseboard job today. NOTHING in the room was square or true ! So what else is new? Think about the angles for a few days, and a dream will make it come true.

the spell checker catches most of my mistakes; did it let one slip through? Actually, I do dream about woodworking, some nights. :)
I was thinking of cutting the ends of the boards at the desired angle so that they would be sloped, then build a beveled spacer to put on the right angle fixture of the Incra Twin Linear. That way the wood would be both tilted and skewed as it is run through the dovetail bit. And even with all that newbie thinking, I've not been able to visualize if the pieces can be slid together!
dave
FOW wrote:

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, or if you have a Leigh jig. The pictures will give you an idea of how it is done. http://leighjigs.com/data/leighadt.pdf
Gary

One way would be to make the walls thick enough so you can join them with conventional dovetails, then saw them with a tilted blade. That avoids the geometry problem, but might not end up with the most attractive possible dovetails.
I know this is a copout so you don't need to say that.
Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a
The sound of a Great Blue Heron's wingbeats going by your head
Rod,
Thanks for the link. I reviewed each style and found that what I had in mind is the compound angle, or hopper joint. After viewing the picture of the sample, I think that I should make the letter tray with straight sides. It just doesn't look suitable, or maybe it doesn't look right because the sample is so deep. I'll try to bring up some pictures on the web or look in a office supply catalog so I can decide if I want to go with sloping sides.
dave