Dovetail jigs -- yet another post!

Did anybody notice Wood Magazine's review of "dovetail jigs under $350" in the lastest issue (March 2007)?

I'm a little suspicious that Leigh persuaded the editors to draw the line at $350 so the $400 Akeda would not be a contender. They know the Akeda would not win in jigs greater than $350, too. However, in the $200 to $400 range Akeda would probably win, IMHO.

In other news, I see Porter-Cable has announced their new and improved Omnijig, to be availabe in May 2007

Anyone have any pre-release info on it? A suggested retail price, for example.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I saw a vesion at IWF in Atlanta back in the summer. Prices were not discussed but you can bet it will be really close to the Leigh.

One other thing... it will also be able to do M&T joinery with a "attachment". It is pretty clear what audience this is aimed at....

I w>

Reply to
Pat Barber