Dovetail jig question

I need to make dovetail joints for a guitar amplifier cab. I found this jig at Screwfix: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/searchresults.jsp?q=dovetail+jigs&gtse=goog&gtkw=dovetail+jigs
Does anyone know if this jig makes through joints or half hidden joints? I would prefer through joints as I want to round off the corners of the cabinet with a natural finish like on early Mesa Boogie amps.
Thanks a lot. Garry
Makes half. And it makes them poorly.
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 12:35:34 +0100, garry parker wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/searchresults.jsp?q=dovetail+jigs&gtse=goog&gtkw=dovetail+jigs
Looks like the Rockler jig.
http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?pagee52
On 9/11/2005 9:10 AM rmc mumbled something about the following:

which looks exactly like the Chicago Machinery jig sold by HF http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber4102 at 1/4 the price.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7

Thanks for the replies. I'll see if I can find a better quality one anywhere else, but the few I've seen all look much like that one. Rebadged Chinese stuff I suppose.
Garry

Not so, it's like saying all plunge routers look the same, therefore they must all be rebadged Chinese stuff.....
Trend, DeWalt and Elu come to mind....
The Axminster DTJ jig looks like the screwfix one, but is of a much better build quality.
Currently on sale for 44.94 www.axminster.co.uk No I don't work for them....
I know a woodworking instructor that teaches routing courses, he highly recommends the Axminster jig.
I even have one, once a couple of set up gauges have been made, it's possible to set the jig up in a minute or so and get VERY satisfactory half inch and quarter inch pitched, half-lapped and finger joint with it.
Alternatively there are the Trend jigs, the CDJ300 is 70 ($129), but I don't think it's as easy to set up and use as the Axminster DTJ. Although for an extra 80 ($147) for extra templates and cutters, it's possible to cut through dovetails.
There are better jigs, but at a price, The Trend DC400 is nice, but at 299 ($550).... The Leigh D4 is nice as well, but I don't have 350 ($644) to spend on a tool I'd user once or twice every couple of months.
The Leigh D1600 at $319 looks like it might suit my future needs, but I haven't seen it for sale in the UK yet, so have no idea how much it will cost...
Graham
Graham
Well, the D4R is selling for right at $400US from Lee Valley, so if it going for $644 in the UK, the UK price on the D1600 should be about the same difference
John
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:30:50 +0100, "Graham Walters"

D Steck wrote:

If it is the Harbor Freight jig, it makes half hidden joints.