Dovetail and/or finger joints

Page 2 of 2
On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 10:07:45 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:

That should read "I stand corrected".

(and the Addis reputation for excellent chisels), though the subsequent WPS chisels were not, didn't maintain, the quality of Addis. Here's my set of WPS (micro) chisels: https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?

That should read "If I'm not mistaken, Ward & Payne, (in) Sheffield ...." .
Sonny
On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 11:23:33 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

I assume you have your paring chisel set to 15degrees, and honed on a strop - it really does make a difference.
Then, if you are going to cut dovetails, make one of these first (and view a few of his videos)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I45mEWAJv4

On the finger joints, the best jig I have used is the one by Stumpy Nubs. Well worth the making, IF you are going to be doing finger joints.
http://www.stumpynubs.com/improved-box-joint-jig.html
Slicker than nasal mucus on a copper and zinc door opening device - and a lot less messy.
Deb
On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 11:31:26 PM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:

I made one of the alignment boards (using handcut dovetails). It really makes accurate scoring with the knife faster and more accurate.
Mike

Robby and I roll with 1/4" & 1/2" only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxIgNel0H_I

Frank don't need no stinking chisel.