Dove tail router jig

Page 2 of 2
On 1/19/2016 5:00 PM, Leon wrote:

Friday. It does indeed fit which means I can use the guide bushing that is required for RTJ 400 jig. My router table appears to be totally flat. It was made of 1/2" MDF and 3/4" MDF glued and screwed together with a high pressure laminate attached to the top of the sandwich (all part of Norm's design). There are leveling screws underneath the 4 corners of the router plate which I tweaked just a bit to get the plate totally planar with the sandwich/high pressure laminate. Bottom line: I am ready to suck it up and buy the Leigh RTJ 400.
I will send one more update after I have made my purchase, read the instructions at least twice, and verified that it all works for me.
Thanks to Leon and all in this group for the valuable help..
Dick
On 1/15/2016 1:31 PM, Leon wrote:

I don't know if I'll ever get one of those. My woodworking skills have a way to go yet. But judging by what I have read here, I think I would be inclined to devote a router to that function only. Once I got the bit just to the right setup depth, I'd never move it.
Joking? Maybe.
Maybe not.
email.me:

What sort of loctite to you use to hold a dovetail bit to the collet?
(File that under "solving the problem at the wrong point.")
Puckdropper
On 18 Jan 2016 17:11:54 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Or 1 router each for 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4?
On 1/18/2016 10:09 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Well bits wear out...... And then wood hardness comes into play...
The new Leigh RTJ 400 has a dept gauge for the bit and then compensates for tight or loose fit by adjusting the eccentric guide bushing.