Doors and Out of Plumb Walls

No I haven't, but with the small heads they're probably as bad as using casing or finishing nails. The two reasons I like screws are the head size and the ability to move or loosen them easily.

Reply to
1D10T

Tru dat.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I used them to install window jamb extensions to accommodate our 2x6 walls. They pulled the jamb in nice and tight but I also used glue. Basically they acted as clamps.

RonB

Reply to
rnrbrogan

I've used a bunch of trim-head #7 SS square head recess screws for such things. They do have the (dis)advantages you state; small head and potential to modify the installation. However, the screw head isn't small enough disappear. They have their use and beat nails all to hell, but aren't a panacea. They don't replace the big honkin' screw through the hinges either. I too had an exterior door (almost) held on by the brickmold). :-(

Reply to
krw