door skin removal procedure

The bottom 1/3 of my front door is starting to delaminate. It is a solid core door with thin skin of plywood glued on. Is there an easy way to get the top 2/3 that is not delaminating off? Thanks, Scott
Scott wrote: >The bottom 1/3 of my front door is starting to delaminate. It is a solid core

without ruining the "solid core". I suppose you could try a heat gun, wedged under the delaminated area, and long wedges. Could start a fire though, if you're not careful. A new door isn't too expensive, <$100.00. Tom Work at your leisure!
On 14 Sep 2004 19:55:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (ShakasCaregiver) calmly ranted:

Try a heat gun (don't worry about scorching the ply) and several wide putty knives. Pry up an area, apply heat, and it if starts coming up, continue on.
2 other options off the top of my head--electric hand planers and belt sandahs--_ain't_ easy.
---- - Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? - http://diversify.com Web Applications