Door opening up, with "lid stay" (Amortization)

Hi all
I am not to sure about the english terms, but here it goes
I have made this cupboard for my caravan, with the upper part at 13 deg angle leaning forward:
http://hot.ee/sonnich/caravan_pic.jpg
http://hot.ee/sonnich/caravan_new.jpg (red lines are as I decided to make it) The angle is 13 degrees
I made some doors, and the fit, but I need to be able to open them. The lower part of the cupboard is made without knops/buttons, so one simply push and it pops open. On the top I have those locks already, but I have been looking for a wait to keep it up. The upper door is 200mm high and the lower 220
One way was: http://www.italianaferramenta.it/catalogue/opening-systems/kraby-lid-stay-system.php Now it is too strong (50kn) and I cannot make it open more than 90 degrees.
I have tried those things for bar cupboards, but they are too strong and will not let the lock pop the door open. I'd prefer a simple solution in my caravan, as it is only needed summer time, and it is "outdoors" all the time.
Do you have any ideas on this?
WBR Sonnich

I am not totally clear on what you are doing. From your diagram, there appears to be one door and you want to hinge it at the top, is that correct? If so, it doesn't seem like that would work as the door length (top to bottom) is greater than the distance from the pivot point than to the top surface of the lower storage bins which means the door could never be opened.
If it were me, I'd hinge the door at the bottom so it flops down; if the length is such that it would project outward too much I'd use two doors...one for the bottom section, one for the top section. Unless the door(s) is really, REALLY heavy, any of numerous catches should be sufficient to keep it closed, certainly so if the caravan wasn't moving. If it were moving, a bolt or dowel could be fitted to totally secure it. When I say "bolt" I am not talking about a threaded bolt but something like these...
https://www.google.com/search?q=surface+bolt&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3n7RUoPSELfMsQSDoYLIDw&ved AcQ_AUoAQ&biw33&bihb1
If you really want to hinge at the top and if the doors are no bigger than you stated, you could use the same sort of bolt to hold the door up. You would mount it on the inside of the door near the pivot line...lift the door up, engage the bolt and the door stays up.
Another way is via a "gate leg". Those are often used on a table with a leaf that drops down. Basically, you would need an upside down "L" shape of metal or wood hinged and mounted on the outside of the cabinet side...lift the door up, swing out the gate leg so the door rests on it.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

There are "friction" stays that would do the job quite well - I'll see if I can find a reference
http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinges/CABINET+HINGES/Vertical+Door+Stays/Vertical+Swing+Lift-Up+Mechanism Or use the hettich as your hinge. http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinges/CABINET+HINGES/Vertical+Door+Stays/Hettich+Support+for+Up+Opening+Doors Or http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinges/CABINET+HINGES/Vertical+Door+Stays/Lift-up+Hinge
Or a "latch stay" like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-AUTOMATIC-LID-STAY-CABINET-KITCHEN-DOOR-LIFT-HINGE-CUPBOARD-LIFT-STAY-300MM-/400465029363#ht_2392wt_904
Lots of options.
All kinds of information on cupboard stays at http://www.eurofitdirect.co.uk/how-to-guides-cupboard-stays
On Saturday, January 11, 2014 7:35:36 PM UTC+2, dadiOH wrote:

Actually 2 doors on top, the lower part remain open "as a table" - there are 2 storage / shelfs on top. These are the items in question The idea for opening up is that it will not break that easy and easy to access. The lower part is made already and working well.

The problem in a small space as a caravan, is that at some time someone will hit it and it will break down.

500g / app one pound - they are made light weight

I found that this baar cupboard lock works http://tarsiman.ee/index.php?page=tooted-furnituur&category_id
(look for Baarikapi piiraja) works when oiled well
The locks used are: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
so, when pushed it pops open, and it is pulled up. The closed is released and pulled down
My only problem is that the bar cupboard limiter goes into the cupboard because of the angle, but that it really not a problem - there are ways to avoid that, and it is on the top.
If you like I can post some pictures

On Saturday, January 11, 2014 7:01:15 PM UTC+2, Sonnich Jensen wrote:

ngle leaning forward:

it)

ower part of the cupboard is made without knops/buttons, so one simply push and it pops open. On the top I have those locks already, but I have been l ooking for a wait to keep it up.

-system.php

s.

will not let the lock pop the door open. I'd prefer a simple solution in my caravan, as it is only needed summer time, and it is "outdoors" all the ti me.

More pictures: hot.ee/sonnich/hinge1.jpg hot.ee/sonnich/hinge2.jpg hot.ee/sonnich/hinge3.jpg
I oiled the "bar limiter" and that makes it so soft that it opens, but when stretched it still holds the door up