Door bookcase?

Folks,     I'd like to build a bookcase nearly the size of a closet door. The rub is that I want it to function as a door. Any ideas, websites, books, etc... that anyone can recommend? Hardware sources?
This bookcase may or may not go all the way to the floor.
I've tried Googling, but I don't think I have the right terms.
Thanks! Barry

Think abaout a way to secure the books in case someone slams that door: You would not want then books to fall out on rapid acceleration of the case.
Here is what you are looking for.
http://www.allbuilders.com/door_hdn1.html
in message

THANKS!!
That's exactly what I'm looking to build.
Barry
Here is another site I found
http://www.hiddendoors.com /
in message

Thanks again!
Barry
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:08:46 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Here's a design suggestion...taken from a VCR tape storage case that I own...
Build the bookcase you want...full width and height.
Then build another one...only this one will be TWO cases. Each will be roughly half the width of the first one...same depth and height.
These two will be installed FACING the original bookshelf...so all you'll see will be the backside of these two. They get mounted to the original case with hinges on the left and right sides. European hinges will probably work fine. At any rate, these hinges are mounted on the inside...so they never show.
The 2 half-doors/bookcases open from the center...hinged on the left and right. When open, you have book storage on the full-width, inside bookcase. And you also have book storage on each of these doors. You don't see any of the books until you open the bookcase/doors.
Pretty simple design really...and the doors double as both door and shelves.
One caveat...
The hinges will mount on the front-most part of the sides...on the inside...both on the back case and on the door cases. Because of this, the bookcase can't be built from wall to wall. You must leave room on either side of the bookcase equal roughly to the depth of the shelves of the doors.
Let us know what you decide. Sounds like a nice project.
Good luck.
Have a nice week...
Trent