Don't E-mail Me, I'll E-mail You

Page 1 of 3

Got another e-mail today, in response to a post I made. I'll tell you all yet once again - if you have a reply to a post, then make it in the appropriate thread, don't e-mail me. ESPECIALLY, don't send me an e-mail and don't bother stating it's by e-mail only - that's very rude.
There is a small number of people on the group I don't mind e-mails from. They know who they are. If you're not sure if you're in that group, chances are you aren't.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
J T wrote:

I'll admit publicly that it was me. I did so because I felt my comment was not strictly on-topic for the group, and dealt specifically with your posts.

Given that not everyone knows about this preference of yours, perhaps you might consider putting it in your sig so it shows up on every post?
> ESPECIALLY, don't send me an

As I mentioned privately, the message headers indicated that it was an email and not copied to the group.
Chris
Wed, Jan 4, 2006, 2:59pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@mail.usask.ca (ChrisFriesen) did spaketh thusly: I'll admit publicly that it was me. I did so because I felt my comment was not strictly on-topic for the group, and dealt specifically with your posts. <snip>
It was in reference to my free plans posts, so I don't see any reson it couldn't have been replied to in that threat. Sounds on-topic to me. If you want to post what you said, go ahead.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
I kinda like your plans that you post. It pops ideas in my head sometimes, other times I am senseless.
Don d.
(Chris Friesen) did spaketh thusly: I'll admit publicly that it was me. I did so because I felt my comment was not strictly on-topic for the group, and dealt specifically with your posts. <snip>
It was in reference to my free plans posts, so I don't see any reson it couldn't have been replied to in that threat. Sounds on-topic to me. If you want to post what you said, go ahead.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
Wed, Jan 4, 2006, 8:37pm (EST-2) snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (DonD.) does sayeth: I kinda like your plans that you post. It pops ideas in my head sometimes, other times I am senseless.
Sometimes it helps to wear an alumimum foil cap for that.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
Sorry if this sounds like I'm being an ass, Im not. I enjoy your posts... but why use your email address if you don't want emails?
Do what I do. Betcha can't email me.
Mike W.
J T wrote:

It's simple. JOAT wants to be ignored, but hates it when he doesn't get any attention.

He may not be able to, on webtv. Which is probably why he stays with it.
;-)
Wed, Jan 4, 2006, 9:49pm (EST-1) dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca (DaveBalderstone) stumbles in mumbling: <snip> He may not be able to, on webtv. Which is probably why he stays with it.
Nah. It works, I'm cheap, and it's paid for..
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
Thu, Jan 5, 2006, 3:29am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@SpamMagnet.com (MikeW.) plaintively queries: <snip> why use your email address if you don't want emails? <snip>
In case someone has an actual "need" to e-mail me. Say, if they have a sacrifice for the Woodworking Gods they want to send along.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
On 1/4/2006 10:29 PM Mike W. mumbled something about the following:

Could be the fact that he's using webtv? I don't know much about it nowadays, but you used to not be able to change your From: on webtv.
--
Odinn - wondering if he can set up his TiVo sorta like a webtv.

Thu, Jan 5, 2006, 9:50pm snipped-for-privacy@ngynagnovxre.arg (Odinn) wanders in and speaks so: Could be the fact that he's using webtv? I don't know much about it nowadays, but you used to not be able to change your From: on webtv.
Judging from some of the stuff the WebTV fanatics have come up with, I wouldn't be surprised if it could be done. But I haven't even bothered to check if it can, or not.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
J T wrote:

Geez dude... it's just an email... get a grip. Long before there was a WebTV everyone emailed everyone else about whatever the hell they wanted. This was before "make $5,000 by 5pm" and "double the size of your unit by 6pm" and "Dr Bungholi from Nigeria seeks your assistance because he heard you were a man of worthy reputation". Back then we were just damn happy to hear from people.
So, if someone from the group sends you an email that you're not interested in dealing with... try this... just delete it :-)
Thu, Jan 5, 2006, 4:06am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@apk.net (JoeBarta) doth adviseth: <snip> So, if someone from the group sends you an email that you're not interested in dealing with... try this... just delete it :-)
If I'm in a good mood, that's usually what I do. If I'm in a bad mood, I often reply.
I also discard about half of the e-mail from my mother also. But, when I do reply to her, I'm polite.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
J T wrote:

My mother died last year at Christmas. I don't know what I would do if I received an email from her.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

If I'm remembering correctly, there's an Internet service where you can send yourself (or whoever) a delayed email. Submit the email and when you want it delivered... in six months, a year, maybe longer.
What if she sent one of those? Just be sure you don't discard it and if you do reply, be polite ;-)
Joe Barta
Thu, Jan 5, 2006, 8:38am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.REMOVE (MortimerSchnerd,RN) sayeth: My mother died last year at Christmas. I don't know what I would do if I received an email from her.
Sorry for that. I think I would be very frightened, and very, very, polite.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
I almost forgot. Besides having a WebTV, things I do not have, include: A cell phone. An answering machine. An IPod.or whatever the Hell it is. A digital camera. A satellite dish. A stereo.. Any other of those irritating little gadgets. A welcome mat. A guest room. A portable CD player. A telephone in my truck. A suit. More than one pair of shoes.
And, I don't care.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
J T wrote:

Everyone needs more than one pair of shoes, or footwear, st least. Just in case you step in something that shouldn't have been there. Joe with kids that bring dogs to visit.
Thu, Jan 5, 2006, 7:08am snipped-for-privacy@musc.edu (JoeGorman) doth sayeth: Everyone needs more than one pair of shoes, or footwear, st least. Just in case you step in something that shouldn't have been there. Joe with kids that bring dogs to visit.
Next birthday, buy each kid a Sooper Dooper Pooper Scooper, and tell them to bring it along on their visits - and to use it.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax

Damn, now I have to change my vacation plans. Ed