DOMINO SET

http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/archives/may_jun_05/html/money_maker.htm
Supposedly made from scrap wood. As far as I'm concerned 'scrap wood'' is any wood not large enough to use to make something, and it's tosse. What I have is wood, and smaller pieces of wood.
You don't really need different types of wood to make these, tho it would be nice; especially if you want a really fancy set. You can use a light color wood, dye or stain the top and bottom pieces, and keep the center piece its natural color. Or, especially for use by kids, just cut them out of decent pieces of solid wood, and use dots of paint to highlight the dilled dots. Come to think of it, the pieces of flooring my kid gave me would make a nice set. Or three.
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

Rockler has a Domino kit, templates and a special vix type bit.
Wed, Jan 2, 2008, 4:20am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) doth sayeth: Rockler has a Domino kit, templates and a special vix type bit.
Yeah, so I saw. And it 'only' costs $40. No thanks, if I need (want) a domino drilling template I'll make one, out of a piece of stainless steel that's laying around in my shop, cost=zip, and just use one of my own drill bits. And I'll also pass on the $20 wood domino blanks, that'll only make one set of tiles.
JOAT If you can read this you're in range.
J T wrote:

FWIW, "Incra Jig Projects and Techniques" gives step by step instructions for making a set of dominos and a nice box to hold them. Before I spent 40 bucks for a purpose-made domino jig I'd spend a hundred for the Incra that does a whole lot more besides dominos.
--John