Domino guys

Price dropped to $80 on set of four 500 cutters:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?217532-FESTOOL-DOMINO-500-CUTTERS-110-shipped !
On Sat, 10 May 2014 11:41:32 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"

I just filled mine out, one at a time. These cutters are used, though.

I must have a freaking great set of cutters! I have gone through the original 600 5mm tennons that came with the assortment, and a replacement case of 1800, and am into my 3rd bag of 300 from the second replacement case. I have cut at least 3,000 mortises with the original 5mm bit and half of those were set to cut wider than the narrowest cut. I do have the full set so I actually have an extra 5mm cutter which I have never used. I have heard that some people are having to replace their cutters, Am I getting a lot of mileage from my bit or have you made more cuts with yours?
On 5/10/2014 6:13 PM, Leon wrote:

OOPS! I must have made in excess of 6,000 cuts with the original 5mm bit to set 3,000 tenons.

Let's see ... at 10 seconds each, you've spent about 16.7 hours with the Domino. What do you figure your time investment for 3,000 tenons using other methods?
Larry
On 5/10/2014 6:23 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

I think closer to 3 seconds each actual plunge time, so about 5 hours. Similar sized mortises with a bench top mortiser, probably 75 hours.
A savings of around $3500 of my time. That not only pays for the Domino but the CT22 vac too, about 3 times.

Certainly not but my point was that one can hardly expect new prices from used equipment, particularly expendables. I wouldn't expect to get 70% of what I paid for the Domino the day after I bought it.
On Sat, 10 May 2014 19:24:51 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Yes you could. Festool has a very high resale margin.
On 5/10/2014 2:41 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

Cutters? I saw the subject line and thought this was about pizza delivery guys.