Domin-OH (wow)

Page 1 of 3
Went to see my Woodcraft dealer yesterday to get his counsel on the Domino I bought last week. Bought the Festool hose ($75)to attach to my shop vac and another cutter ($37), which brings my investment to $562. He agrees th at this was a great deal as it came with all of the alignment accessories a nd about 150 tenons of various sizes.
Fired it up for the first time a few minutes ago and zapped a few mortises in some scrap. SWEET. I just need to get used to looking at the world in m illimeters rather than inches.
Larry
On 2/24/2013 3:11 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

bought last week. Bought the Festool hose ($75)to attach to my shop vac and another cutter ($37), which brings my investment to $562. He agrees that this was a great deal as it came with all of the alignment accessories and about 150 tenons of various sizes.

some scrap. SWEET. I just need to get used to looking at the world in millimeters rather than inches.

One caution, do not rely on the base of the Domino to accurately index from the bottom surface of the wood that you are working with. Always use the fence to hang the Domino from the top surface of the wood.
This goes for plate joiners also.
On 2/24/2013 3:11 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:

That's one thing Festool is good at, so much so that I have memorized the key strokes for conversion on every calculator/device I have, and have tape measure with inches and mm on opposite sides.
Congratulations on the Domino, and the excellent deal. The ability to _easily_ do floating tenon M&T joinery will open up a new world of possibilities for your woodworking endeavors.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 2/25/2013 7:20 AM, Swingman wrote:

Oddly mm's are a lot like a clock when comparing inches.
Approximately
24mm/hours = 1"/ 1 day, 12mm/hours = 1/2" / 1/2 day
On 2/25/2013 10:21 AM, Leon wrote:

I think it's worth mentioning that 3mm ~ 1/8" (its my primary conversion factor for gouges).
On 2/25/2013 12:18 PM, Bill wrote:

Quick ... and in your head: What's 21 3/32" in mm?
Yep, that's what I thought ... and what I'm talking about.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Swingman wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------- Less than 25.6 mm.
Lew
On 2/25/2013 1:48 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Now, without doing anything else, and u$ing your above dimension, go cut 24 of tho$e out of 8/4, highly figured Q$WO, without verifying ...
That's what I mean ... ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Swingman wrote:

Now you want me to work?
Silly boy<G>.
Lew

I calculate it to be quite a bit more than that.

Swingman wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

------------------------------------------------- "Larry W" wrote:

Opps!
Now I know why I have cataract surgery scheduled.
Lew
On 2/25/2013 1:41 PM, Swingman wrote:

On 2/25/2013 5:30 PM, Leon wrote:

Oops. Off the tip of my head..... 535.78130000000001 NOT!
Leon wrote:

Actually it is 540 mm.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote: